John Evelyn in the British Library
This text, first published in "The Book Collector" in 1995, comprises a short introduction and assessment of the diaries of John Evelyn, a scholar, bibliophile, gardener, author and servant of the state. Evelyn's diary, spanning the years 1620 to 1706, offers an extensive and historically informative personal record of the period. The Evelyn archive comprises 605 manuscripts and papers, 80 file boxes, one trunk, 15 volumes of correspondence and a quantity of unnumbered items, acquired by the British Library in 1995.
Download John Evelyn in the British Library (9780712304269).pdf, available at www.cmcweb.org for free.
- Theodore Hofmann, Etc., Joan Winterkorn, Francis Harris, Hilton Kelliher, Anthony Kenny
- Paperback | 96 pages
- 140 x 216 x 8mm | 140.61g
- Publication date
- 01 Mar 1996
- British Library Publishing
- The British Library Publishing Division
- Publication City/Country
- London, United Kingdom
- Illustrations note
- 6 colour and 12 b&w illustrations